International BIM Certification for BIM Level 2. The best International BIM Management Course in South Africa, Africa, Middle East & IrelandProviding a consistent definition for BIM delivery internationally for those working in the AEC (Architecture, Engineering, Construction) industry to commissioning clients, owners and facilities managers.
BIM Level 2 Online Training Bundle
This course combines two existing BRE Academy courses, BIM Essentials and BIM Information Management, fast-tracking participants to a stage where they can consider BIM certification. If you wish to have your company certificated to BIM Level 2 please contact BRE Global directly. BIM Essentials equips participants with an understanding of BIM and BIM best practice, raising quality standards and saving money. BIM Information Management takes this up a level, examining in depth ‘Information Management’ roles and responsibilities, standards, methods and procedures to help achieve high standards.
Who is this course for?
It is ideal for bid teams, design teams, construction teams, architects, engineers, project managers, value engineers, procurement, and those with an interest in a career expansion within Europe and Middle East.
BIM Essentials equips participants with a general understanding of BIM and BIM best practice. Organisational understanding and adoption of these principles will lead towards greater efficiency of delivery, fewer accidents and ongoing efficiency savings in numerous areas.
This initial course contains seven modules, leading to a practical working understanding of the management of information within the BIM Level 2 process.
BIM Information Management delivers a practical understanding of some of the management, standards, methods and procedures, and a deeper understanding of the BIM environment.
Completing the two courses together gives participants an understanding of:
- processes, standards, methods and procedures;
- of the key principles of BIM Level 2, which can be applied locally while still being consistent internationally;
- the emerging buildingSMART International information standard;
- how to achieve internationally recognised good practice;
- other international developments such as open BIM initiatives (formed to facilitate interoperability);
- the whole life cycle perspective;
- where to access standards and resources to take learning back into the workplace;
- information management roles and responsibilities;
- the information delivery cycle;
- Employers Information Requirements (EIR);
- pre-contract and post-contract award BIM execution plans;
- SMPs: production and modelling
- Common Date Environment (CDE) approval gates, and how to apply the process;
- asset information models;
- ‘soft landings’;
- Defining and understanding COBie
Successful completion of the final online exam for BIM Essentials (the first course) qualifies delegates to apply for BRE Academy Membership.
Successful completion of the BIM Information Management test will provide eligibility to apply for BIM Certification for Individuals. Certification also includes BRE Academy Membership and its associated benefits.